|Homemade Cranberry Bliss Bar|
While I'd like to consider myself a baking genius who just digs into the encyclopedia of her mind to retrieve a base recipe for whatever strikes my fancy, I'm totally not. I always google or crack open a cookbook. So when I searched for "Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar recipe", much to my delight, hundreds of recipes showed up. And frankly, they all pretty much looked alike. So when I post the recipe that I used here, I'm not referencing any one source - it is a general mash-up of the same recipe circling every baking blog or site on the net. You can do the google math.
2 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup dried cranberries, minced
4 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Whip together the softened butter and brown sugar in your electric mixer. Add in the eggs, minced ginger and vanilla extract, and continue to whip. At this point, the consistency was a bit frothy (the eggs) and lumpy (the ginger).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture with electric mixer on a slow speed to prevent flour clouds.
- Lastly fold in the minced dried cranberries and white chocolate by hand, until evenly distributed.
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
4 oz light cream cheese, softened
Juice from 1/2 naval orange, squeezed
2 tablespoons grated orange rind
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Using an electric mixer, whip the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, juice, rind and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Then fold in the chopped cranberries by hand until evenly distributed.
- Frost the top of the cooled cake base while still in its pan. Allow several hours to set.
2oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate.
- Drizzle over the top of the frosted cake.